Inepolis is a town on the Black Sea coast which is located 120 km west of Sinope and 680km east of Constantinople (Istanbul). It belonged to the ecclesiastical province of Neicaissareia of Pontus. In ancient times Inepolis was called Athonon Teixos. Before the Treaty of Lausanne (1923) Inepolis had a population of 5765 which was made up of 3000 Greeks. After the exchange of population, most of these Greeks were transported to Greece.
Today Inepolis has a population of 10,000. The town still has many houses which represent Greek and Ottoman architecture typical of the Black Sea coast. Many old buildings still exist which offers scope for restoration. Close to the town also exists the ruins of an old monastery. The natural landscape of Inepolis is one of greenery and natural beauty. There are also many beaches in the vicinity.
* Encyclopaedia of Pontian Hellenism, and forum member apsimat