Kavza or Havza (Gr: Κάβζα or Χάβζα) is ancient Kavissos or Kavassos (Καβησσός ή Καβασσός). It is situated 80km south-west of Samsun and 40km north-east of Merzifon. Prior to WWI it was home to 4,000 people, of whom 500 were Greeks and 150 Armenians. Most of the Greeks and Armenians perished during the genocide (1914-1923).
View the Greek villages of Kavza